Saturday, February 14, 2009

May I Please Have My Name Back, Now?

I think I was incredibly patient throughout this whole mess, but it’s really getting old. Nobody ever asked me for my permission to use MY NAME as a meaningless campaign slogan, but now that things are settling down and the inevitable disillusionment is growing, I want it back.

Here, I’ll even let you have another poster with my name on it, but this time it’ll actually make sense, because it will have my face on it:

HOPE

I guarantee that the original photograph didn’t come from Reuters or AP; I just took it myself with my MacBook Pro’s built-in camera and Photo Booth (using the Comic Book filter). I then spent far too long trying to figure out the GIMP in order to put my name across the bottom (GIMP.app 2.6.0 definitely deserves the “experimental” warning; it has the usability of something from Redmond).

Anyway, it’s bad enough that the Smithsonian won’t give me my rock. Is it really too much to ask that I get to keep my own name?

I’m not being too audacious, am I?

No comments: